Sometimes we might need a quick boost of confidence. Here are some actionable ideas that work quickly when you need a shot of confidence:
- Create a Personal Mission Statement. Keep a copy with you and read it several times during the day. (What do you do? Why do you do it?)
- Make and replay your “true vision” (mental movie trailer that shows you achieving your goals) in your mind.
- List Your 5 Greatest Accomplishments. Read it. Remember how you felt when you did those things.
- Write down 5 “things” you are grateful for.
- Smile again. Keep smiling.
- Keep a “Success” notebook (app?) and write down what you accomplish(ed) during the day.
- Fix your posture. Stand up straight. Get in a power pose for 2 minutes.
- Write down your daily positive affirmations. Read them out loud. Check out this Inc.com article for mine: 9 Affirmations the Most Successful People Repeat Each and Every Day
And if none of these ideas work, read an uplifting story, or a powerful quote, or meditate. Actions create success. Positive actions create confidence as well as success.
Bonus: 8 of my favorite quotes on confidence.
“Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” Bruce Lee
“As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” Brian Tracy
“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” Mark Victor Hansen
“If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” Harv Eker
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”Dale Carnegie
“It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” Oprah Winfrey
“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” Helen Keller