Ways to feel worse about yourself:
- Focus on “what-if”
- Wait for something better
- Compare (yourself, your things)
Doing these things eliminates gratitude. They allow negative emotions to evolve into dangerous feelings.
Yet, practicing active gratitude always makes you feel better. Gratitude turns the focus outward and enables peace and contentment to become your dominant feelings.
Practice gratitude – daily:
- Write down what you are thankful for
- Tell someone why you are thankful for them
- Do something now to help move you toward your goals